The deconstructed sushi bowl is is hands down, one of my favorite meals of all time because:
- it takes less than 20 minutes to prepare
- only cooking required is the rice
- colorful veggies make it aesthetically pleasing
- fiber, phytonutrients, protein and healthy fats
- it travels well so great to pack for lunch
- it’s got all the goodness, texture and flavor of sushi
- and NO ROLLING required!!
That’s really all I got! So if the sushi take out is draining your wallet and you want to spare yourself the frustration of sushi rolling, this recipe is for you. Fast, simple, nutritious, delicious, sushi (but not sushi). I hope you enjoy!
Deconstructed Sushi Bowl
- 2 cups of cooked rice sushi, white, brown or cauliflower rice
If you are allergic to soy, try coconut aminos. I find they are mild and sweet enough on their own to simply drizzle right on top of the bowl - no need to make a dressing!