Love oatmeal but oatmeal doesn’t love you back? Try soaking your oats in coconut yogurt overnight. The live, active cultures from yogurt help make oats more digestible and thus easier on sensitive tummies.
This recipe may be gentle on the belly but don’t let it fool ya – it packs some serious nutrition.
- Oats contain B vitamins, fiber, protein, magnesium, protein, iron, and potassium.
- Chia seeds provide fiber, magnesium, potassium, manganese, omega 3 fatty acids, antioxidants, iron, complete proteins, and B vitamins.
- Coconut yogurt provides you with probiotics to support your immune system and healthy fats to fuel your brain.
- Unsweetened almond milk contains twice the amount of calcium as dairy milk, plus it doesn’t contain the blood, pus, cholesterol, carcinogens and hormones that dairy milk contains.
Overnight oats are also great because they are super easy to prep, perfect for those busy, on-the go mornings. Plus you can spruce it up with any spices or flavorings to suit your mood, season or craving!
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1-2 tbs chia seeds
- 6 oz of plant yogurt unsweetened variety
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plant milk
- Touch of maple syrup or agave optional
- Spices cinnamon,nutmeg, ginger etc.
- Nut or seed butter
Add oatmeal, 1 tablespoon chia seeds, non-dairy yogurt, plant milk, maple syrup or agave. Give it a good stir.
(Optional) Add in some flavor like the ones listed above. Feel free to get creative, oatmeal can take on just about any flavor!
Seal or cover your oats, place in the fridge, and go to bed.
In the morning, you’ll have a thick, delicious bowl of coconut overnight oats that digests seamlessly, keeps you full, and gives you so much energy! Top with ground flax seeds, chopped or slivered nuts, goji berries, fresh, or dried fruit, cacao nibs, coconut flakes etc.